6.24.2015

Behind the Art with Jen


  For this page, I was seriously just inspired by all the words that come with this kit!  Stickers, rub-ons, stencil, and papers.  I just love them all!  I wanted to use that Crafter's Workshop stencil so I took some Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Whipped Spackle and used the Distress Marker on a craft mat.  I scribbled on the mat with the marker and added the Whipple Spackle with a palette knife. 
 You can see that it made a very pale green color.  I pressed it through the stencil and when I lifted it off, it was dimensional!

You can see that I repeated that many times.  I love the pale color against the cork background.  I also mixed water with some of the scribbled marker on the craft mat and pressed the paper in the puddle before adding the spackle. 
 I did this page to celebrate how lucky I am to design for some of my favorite companies!  I absolutely love that they push me to the limit and give me more creative freedom.  I love this life!
 

 I added some rub ons and stickers after the Whipped Spackle dried to complete the message.
Other fun details were added.  Feathers, stars, arrows, and some bling give it a fun and happy feel! I hope you liked this technique for using the Distress Marker, stencil and your favorite medium!
 

No comments: