5.07.2015

Behind the Art with Felecia

So many things came to mind when I found out that the May focus for Inside out would be In The Moment. 

When I got the kit and saw this beautiful heart paper, I was smitten....

I couldn't help but think about how love just seems to fall right out of the sky when my kids are around. I really ENJOY being a mom...its a totally thankless job that drives me totally crazy, I don't keep my cool, and sometimes I yell, I struggle with parenting boys (because they sometimes feel like they are from outer space), and I think kids today are just smarter than in generations past. 

But we have these moments, these giggly, tickley, sing out loud, run like mad, snuggle, midnight "mommy!", run in the ice cream aisle, random kisses and too many pieces of pizza moments. The life things...the things I never seem to have a camera for.

I was thinking about all the blurry photos I DO have of moments...the one's where I just happened to have a camera, or I snuck a shot or somebody else had their cell phone ready...

I don't do the whole project life thing...for me its far too much pressure to always be "ready" with my camera or my notebook and sometimes I just want to be IN the moment, not documenting it...and so...these photos...they represent the moments...all those moments that don't have photos, but do have memories.


All the bits and pieces of the kit lend themselves to the layers of a life...the messy bits, the beautiful bits, the colorful bits, the plain bits...all the bits, layered and cut up and separated...



I have really been enjoying altering the kit items...in this case, cutting out ONE square from the paper and turning it into photo corners and inking the letters to fit my needs. Its fun to use just the kit supplies and alter them to fit my project...


Sometimes the moments we treasure most are the ones we ONLY have in our memory banks - no journal entries, no video, no pictures, no tweets, no Facebook posts...just the sweet experience of a special moment. 

Peace, ya'll!!!


No comments: