2.26.2015

Behind the Art with Felecia

One of my commitments to myself in 2015 is to go and do and to keep it simple. 

Upon the recommendation of my sweet husband, I gave 9round a try - a little kick-boxing based HIIT program.

On those early early mornings I crawl out of bed, head out the door, drag myself to the gym, and proceed to sort of physically torture myself, I leave with my heart full (and beating really fast!) 

I wanted to symbolize both my literal going through the door and my sort of mentally going through a door with the whole 9round process.


The glorious truth about this program is that I don't really have to be in my own head too much - the workout moves too fast (simplify!).

And the glorious truth is that this program is done in 30 minutes (simplify!).

And the glorious truth is that when I leave, I am physically alert, mentally ready for just about anything that the world throws at me, and fully in the moment of "now." 

I absolutely love it. Big huge heart love it.


Here is what is sort of shocking to me - and part of my journaling because I wanted it documented - I never thought  I would love it. 

I never thought it would do for me both physically and mentally what it does for me.

I never thought it would bring me so fast to a place where I MISS it when I miss it. 


I'm completely surprised that this of all thing is restorative for me. and hello - Pink gloves...how can you ever go wrong with pink gloves?

Peace, ya'll!

No comments: