10.09.2014

Behind the Art with Felecia

I often get the comment from people that they don't know how I do all that I do. Lets face it, I don't probably know how to adequately relax...

On the other hand, I tend to be a process person...hyper-aware list maker...

And driven to do some things the exact same way each and every time I do them...

It just works for me. 

One of those things, the thing that pumps me up for the day and gets me really juiced up is my morning routine...its always the same...

The fact that its the same every day is both energy saving (process!) and energy boosting...my morning routine is filled with things that will keep me moving through the day.

I get up at 5...(sometimes before that, but usually 5)...then I have yogurt and ancient grain granola and a read a little scripture. Then, after a shower, I have coffee - really good, really strong, really amazing coffee (thanks to my sweet husband).

My morning is a very orderly thing...but how does one convey both order and energy on a layout?

I chose to do it with some layering...some mist, some cut outs, some inked edges, a transparency...but its all very neat and orderly at the same time...



One not-so-secret secret is that I often choose visual dimensions over actual dimensional embellishments on my layouts. I prefer flatter layouts...So, in this case, there are layers of may different sizes and materials, and while they are all flat, they create visual dimension for my project. 



I discovered long ago that some things happen very naturally for me - like getting up early and liking to eat breakfast.

If I just go with those things and put them together in a very organized way, the process becomes a springboard feeling energetic and alive the rest of the day...

Peace, ya'll!


No comments: