8.20.2014

Behind the Art with Jen

This month, I used the "Liberation" kit to create Art Journal pages.  I have a spiral book that I will be creating all my pages in for the coming months.  It feels natural to use this format and create mixed media/ scrapbook style pages in an art book. So, I created this page using the stencil, papers, and embellishments from the kit. 
 You can see that I used the stencil from the kit with a thin tipped pen (I used a Faber-Castell PITT Artist pen in small tip) and created a bit of a scribbled look to it.  I wanted it to look hand drawn rather than perfect with the stencil.
 The stickers and gems from the kit were perfect accents to the page!  I also added half of a butterfly image that I had used in another artwork.

 The entire page is seen here and I loved the birdcage, butterfly, and sequins were perfect for conveying the feeling of flying free.
 To adhere the sequins, I used Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Gel Medium.  It dries clear with a mostly matte finish so it's perfect for the scattered look.
 Here's another view of the doodled image.
 I cut the circle from the center of the Glitz paper and added a sticker to the center.  I journaled around the circle in each space.  I loved how this turned out!


No comments: