7.23.2014

Behind the Art with Jen

Hi artsy friends!  Jen here to share a favorite page of mine from this kit!  When I found out the focus of this kit was the word "Perspective", I immediately thought of looking up.  I had taken this photo of me in front of Dale Chihuly's permanent art exhibit at the Bellagio hotel in Las Vegas.  There is a ceiling of glass Macchia forms that is breathtaking!  As an art teacher and artist who admires and loves Chihuly's work, I was in awe!

So the photos were the inspiration for this page and I knew that I wanted color but didn't want to compete with the colors of the photos.  I picked some of the papers that had bright fun colors and used them in small doses.  The watercolor circle paper from Crate Paper was perfect!  I only used small strips of it so as to not compete.  Then I used the vellum paper  as a background.  
 But I started by using the stencil in a unique way. I loved the shapes in the camera stencil but didn't want to use the whole stencil. I just used a Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft PITT Artist pen to trace some of the shapes in a random way around the paper. I kept it sketchy and created a modern looking pattern.  The vellum pieces really soften the lines but still allow them to show through.

 I love that vellum balloon embellishment!  So awesome!  Perfect for this page!  I loved the cork look of these Thickers too! 

 Could it be that the glass ceiling is representative of looking up at an symbolic glass ceiling?   Hmmm...  But the dots of Distress paint are another fun pop of color.
 Enjoy the little things for sure!  I loved this little tag and used it here.  I also added the paper to the metal embellishment.  So fun!
 This page was just super fun to make!  I was inspired by the photos but all the elements from this kit made it fun to create!


No comments: