4.07.2014

Behind the Art with Stacey

Happy April!  This month we are celebrating!  I loved this theme and found many ideas to go along with the super fun kit contents.  When I started brainstorming all the things I have to celebrate in life, my husband came to mind.  The idea to scrap about him was particularly inspired by the Love You to the Moon cutout.  Just swoon.

 
The cutout was the number one element for this page.  I wanted it to be front and center.  I also grabbed the I'll Be Yours circular tag because it really fit my theme.  I really wanted to bring in some color so I used the top, curved portion of the banner paper from Jillibean Soup.  I cut along the banner to make it interesting.


 
I started to layer the cutout and decided to use the Kraft polaroid frame.  It all seemed a bit structured so I started cutting some circles from a sheet of the paper.  Then I layered a big and small.  It kinda reminded me of planets in a solar system.  A happy accident that really happened to fit!

 
To fit the idea of moons and planets, I incorporated some stars.  I love when a good theme comes together!  I even used the words stars in my storytelling.  I encourage you to play around with the elements in the kit, finding images that are symbolic!

No comments: